Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Survey

This is a fun one, thanks for sharing Darcy & Janet!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa brings 1 present and fills the stockings. Everything else is from mom and dad. They know that Mom is the one that buys the stuff for Santa to put in the stockings though.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I prefer white, but my kids got to pick this year and they got a colored light tree. I buy the prelit trees.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
no

5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
turkey and stuffing

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
christmas breakfast

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
There was no big reveal or talk or anything.. i just knew at some point that it was my mom but it didn't bother me

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
yes, pajamas

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I do the fragile ornaments which go at the top of the tree, and then the kids and I divide up the remaining ornaments and everyone hangs where they can reach. Abby does the nativity.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Both. I love to look at it from inside my house.. but I hate to drive in it.

12. Can you ice skate?
Not even on a bet.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My cabbage patch doll

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
being with my family

15. What is your favorite Christmas Dessert?
this stuff my mom makes.. we call it crack.. it's rice chex, corn syrup, sugar, butter, peanuts and gum drops

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
opening pajamas christmas eve, buying a yearly family ornament

17. What tops your tree?
an angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
We 3 Kings, Silver Bells, White Christmas

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
Yum

21 Favorite Christmas Show?
White Christmas, but I prefer the b&w over the colorized

22. Saddest Christmas Song?
Santa I'm Right Here, Christmas Shoes.. and the one that I always cried at when I was a kid... I think it was called the Littlest Christmas Tree..b ut googling.. that doesn't appear to be right. I'll have to ask my mom. She had it on a record.

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas?
That it doesn't snow like it did last year so that Jeff can be with us this year instead of out plowing.

No comments: